Hi! We’re Dan and Panzer from No Goblin! We’ve made unique games with heart like Roundabout and 100ft Robot Golf, and we’re now looking to grow and build a unique, diverse team for No Goblin Game 3 and beyond.
Our goal as studio runners is to build the team experience that we wished we’d had back in our previous AAA lives. We’re a remote-first studio that schedules and scope our games with quality of life as our primary concern, and we’re offering a forward thinking benefits package and team setup.
If that sounds interesting to you, please send us your details at this handily provided link!
(Feel like you’re overqualified or underqualified? Apply anyway! We’re happy to find unique solutions for the right person.)
3D Art Generalist
No Goblin is looking to add a full time 3D Art Generalist. If you love all things 3D art and are looking for a role where you can stretch your art wings, we’d love to have you on our team!
Your day to day will involve:
- Being the owner of 3D art in our games. You’ll help drive our in game art style and make sure everything looks awesome.
- Building a big chunk of the 3D assets that are used in our games, and optimizing them to hit budgets on console hardware.
- Supporting level designers in building cohesive and interesting worlds that fit the specific artistic styles of our games.
- Providing revision feedback on assets produced by our freelance and outsource partners.
Skills you’re good at:
- Building models, textures and materials for use in Unreal Engine 4 quickly, at a complexity level that’s shippable on current consoles.
- Wading in and touching a wide range of related 3D art tasks. Messing with level lighting, animations, rigs and more should sound exciting to you!
- Looking at a scene or model and knowing exactly what’s missing or what’s “wrong” with it, and how to make it right.
Bonus skills that puts you ahead of everyone else:
- You have technical art experience, and aren’t afraid to dig into the nuts and bolts of how 3D art works in a game engine.
- You have experience in art production and keeping pipelines spinning.
- You have previous experience either working as part of a remote team or with freelance work. You can take ownership of a high level task and see it through to completion without direction.
This is a full time salaried position.
Applicants may be asked to take a modeling test - we promise to make it as short and painless as possible!